South Rockwood is a village in Monroe County, Michigan located on the Huron River in Berlin Charter Township. The community is located about thirteen miles north-northeast of downtown Monroe,. immediately across the Huron River from Rockwood, in Wayne County. The population was 1,284 during the 2000 census.
According to the United States Census Bureau, South Rockwood has a total area of 2.4 square miles. The community uses ZIP code 48179—assigned to South Rockwood—and has the FIPS code 26-75280.
South Rockwood is bisected by Interstate 75, the freeway connecting the Detroit to Toledo, Ohio. The community is accessible from the Interstate via exit 26, South Huron River Road. The community was bisected when the freeway was originally built.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Community of South Rockwood - From the Monroe County Library System.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 InfoMI entry on South Rockwood
- ↑ USGS GNIS: South Rockwood
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Census map of Monroe County from the United States Census Bureau
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "American FactFinder" from the United States Census Bureau
- ↑ Map of 48179 from the United States Census Bureau
- ↑ City ZIP code look-up