Monroe Charter Township is a charter township in eastern Monroe County, Michigan immediately south of Monroe. The township is bound to the east by Lake Erie, to the north by the River Raisin and Monroe, to the west by Rasinville Township, and to the south by La Salle Township. The community is a bedroom community for Monroe and also the Toledo area, being connected to these two cities by Interstate 75 and U.S. Highway 24. The township contains the unincorporated census-designated places of West Monroe and South Monroe. The population was 13,491 during the 2000 census.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Monroe Charter Township has a total area of 18.4 square miles, of which 1.1 square miles is water. The community uses ZIP code 48161—assigned to Monroe. The township has the FIPS code 26-55040.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Monroe Charter Township Government from the Monroe County Library System
- ↑ USGS GNIS: Monroe Charter Township
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Census map of Monroe County from the United States Census Bureau
- ↑ Google Maps
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "American FactFinder" from the United States Census Bureau
- ↑ Map of 48161 from the United States Census Bureau
- ↑ ZIP code look-up