Charter Township of Au Sable is a charter township in northeastern Iosco County, Michigan along the shoreline of Lake Huron. It is bound to the east by the lake, to the north by the Au Sable River and Oscoda Charter Township, to the west by Wilber Township, and to the south by Baldwin Township. The township is located about eight miles north-northeast of East Tawas and contains the unincorporated census-designated place of Au Sable. The population was 2,230 during the 2000 census.
According to the United States Census Bureau, Au Sable Charter Township has a total area of 21.1 square miles, of which 0.5 square miles is water. The community primarily uses ZIP code 48750—assigned to Oscoda with allowance for Au Sable. Southern portions of the township, however, use 48730—assigned to East Tawas. The township has the FIPS code 26-04300.
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Charter Township of Au Sable website
- USGS GNIS: Au Sable Charter Township
- Census map of Iosco County from the United States Census Bureau
- "American FactFinder" from the United States Census Bureau
- Map of 48750 from the United States Census Bureau
- ZIP code look-up
- Map of 48730 from the United States Census Bureau